Tuesday 22 May 2012

Rough times, fighting through

Hey hey,
Writing this post on the unfamiliar iPhone keypad so I'll keep it short and sweet. Climbing down off of San Jacinto and then back up into the San Bernadinos all within two days really played hell on an old knee injury from work. that compounded with drinking some questionable, not so potable water, upset the old stomach and I had a rough few days. A much needed zero day in Big Bear Lake got me back on my feet.
Currently sitting at McDonald's at Cajon Pass, roughly mile 342. We hiked a couple days along beautiful Deep Creek, and from up on the ridge gazing down into the crystal clear waters it wasn't hard to pick out the shadows of tons of rainbow trout and get me longing for the feel of my fly rod in my hands.
Wrightwood is a day away and hopefully I'll be able to write a more substantial post at that point.
I'll sign off with a shout out and a huge thank you to Megan Osbourne for purchasing and sending me a new set of trekking poles. Couldn't have kept going without them.

Until next time,
Jesse


1 comment:

  1. :) So pumped ur vocal tone indicates contentment again! U rule, Jess!

    ReplyDelete